NBA 2K22 is coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X, and it’s shaping up to be the best entry in the series for a long time. With stunning visuals, revamped gameplay mechanics and new features, NBA 2K22 looks set to reignite interest in one of the world’s most popular sports franchises. In this article, we’ll take a look at everything we know about NBA 2K22 so far, including the release date, cover star, trailer and ratings. We’ll also explore some of the new features that have been announced for the game, including the all-new Neighbourhood mode.
Key on-court gameplay improvements are being implemented to give the player not only more control over how they score the ball, but also how they counter those moves on the defensive end. That’s only the beginning. More impactful gameplay changes will be introduced along with the first NBA 2K22 Gameplay Reveal trailer coming out later in August.
- OFFENSE – Breaking down defenders off the dribble with new signature moves and combos, precision jump shooting, dunking in traffic, and pulling off alley-oops have all become more skill-based. Basketball IQ and stick skills play an even bigger role in separating top offensive players.
- DEFENSE – A completely revamped shot contest and blocking system highlight an arsenal of new defensive tools at your disposal. Playing suffocating defense on the perimeter and in the paint has never felt more rewarding, giving elite defenders the ability to truly change the outcome of the game.
NEW CITY [PS5/XBS] & NEW NEIGHBORHOOD [PS4/XB1/NSW/PC]
The biggest online basketball community gets two very different makeovers in NBA 2K22. PS5 and Xbox Series X|S 2K22 players will step up and hoop in an all-new version of the City; PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC 2K22 players will compete while setting sail for the high seas. Take your best MyPLAYER builds and express yourself through both your game and your style in each unique online experience.
- A LIVING, BREATHING CITY [PS5/XBS] – Step into an all-new City teeming with life, activity, and interactivity. NPCs (non-playable characters) populate the fresh City layout, while MyPLAYERs from all over the world compete in the highest level of playground basketball. An all-new Quest system for 2K22 engages MyPLAYERs with creative content while offering new ways to level up and earn rewards in this reenvisioning of the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S basketball communities.
- MATCHMAKING OPTIONS IN THE CITY [PS5/XBS] – The City opens up new and quicker alternatives to get into online hoops. MyPLAYERs can enter select matchmaking buildings to be placed into immediate competition. Matchmaking sessions will be available for a number of game types and will contribute to all MyPLAYER progress.
- ALL ABOARD THE 2K CRUISE [PS4/XB1/NSW/PC] – On the PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC platforms, NBA 2K gamers will show out and compete in an all-new, dedicated basketball community – a Neighborhood built on the spacious decks of a sailing cruise ship. Explore and hoop in nautical luxury, and when the cruise docks in exotic locales throughout the Season, make your way to the Excursion counter to participate in shoreside Events – all taking place completely off the ship!
- MORE NEWS AHEAD – More new features, more new content await all MyPLAYERs in both the all-new City and the new 2K22 Neighborhood. Stay tuned in early September to discover more.