HTC One X can now be updated to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 custom ROM. This is a good news for the One X users since official CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies are now available for the HTC One X to enjoy the latest Jelly Bean firmware update. Please note, this is a custom ROM based on the Android 4.2.2 update from the AOSP. It does not contain the HTC Sense UI. You can install CM10.1 Nightly Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on HTC One X using the tutorial below. Make sure your HTC One X bootloader is unlocked and ClockworkMod recovery is installed in order to install this update and backup all your existing data in the phone before proceeding as this tutorial will wipe out all your internal storage data. Update HTC One X tutorial
CM10.1 Nightly Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM Details
Since this is a nightly build, make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your Android device can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware or any other stable custom ROM.
HTC One X USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for HTC One X properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers HERE
How to Install CM10.1 Nightly Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on HTC One X
- Step1: Download CarbonRom Android 4.2.2 ROM or HTC One X to your computer and extract boot.img from the zip file separately. Download Google Apps as well.
- Step 2 : Connect and mount your HTC One X USB (mass) memory on your computer using the USB cable.
- Step 3 : Now copy/paste the Android 4.2.2 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root.
- Step 4 : Copy/paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Step 5 : Then turn OFF your phone.
- Step 6 : Now to get in the bootloader/fastboot mode. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Step 7 : Once in the Fastboot mode (on your phone), navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory (on your computer) and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Step 8 : Type the following command and press Enter: fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Step 9 : Then, type the following command and press Enter: fastboot reboot
- Step 10 : Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
- Step 11 : In ClockworkMod recovery, wipe data first. Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.
- Step 12 : Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Step 13 : Now using your volume keys, navigate to Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- Step 14 : After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your HTC One X should now have CM10.1 Nightly Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings >About phone to verify. Have fun playing with it! If you have any issues, please fire them up in the comments below.