Android 4.3 for Galaxy Note 2
Much like with the Galaxy S4 update, you can expect the following with the latest OS:
- Improved stability and fluidity. Android 4.3 is generally faster.
- Samsung Wallet
- Samsung Knox (professional tool)
- Reading Mode (screen control for prolonged reading)
- More natural colors/better color reproduction
- More accurate display
A little bit of information behind the release:
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Fri, 25 Sep 2013 18:06:49 +0000
Product Code: OXA
This is done at your own risk and is not an official release from Samsung.
Installing Android 4.3 on the Galaxy Note 2
1. Download the firmware here: Android 4.3 firmware test Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
We’ve updated the link with one that should work. However, if you still have issues with getting error messages when you go to download the file, use the technique listed below to get it over to your own Google Drive account and download it from there.
- Click File > Move to Folder
- Select your gdrive folder and select MOVE
- Log on your gdrive, right-click the file and “Create Copy”
- Download the copied file
2. Unzip the zip file, and you will get two files with the extension .tar.md5 and a file with the extension .tar
3. Download Odin 3.09, and unpack the .zip also.
4. Launch Odin.
5. Reboot your Galaxy Note 2 in download mode (Volume Up + Power + Home button).
6. Connect your Galaxy Note 2 via USB cable to your computer and wait for Odin to recognize it. A blue box should then appear (in the program).
AP_N7100XXUEM16_CP_N7100XXEM16_CSC_N7100XAEM16_BY_WVAZ_DINK.tar to AP
8. Make sure that the re-partition box is not checked.
9. Click Start and wait a few minutes until the procedure ends. Do not disconnect your note 2, be patient.
10. Once your Galaxy Note 2 restarts, it’s all good to go!
As usual, if you have any concerns at startup, perform a wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode (Volume Down + Power + Home button).
How’s it working out for everyone? Anybody test it out yet?