This mod replaces the grayed out weapon icons (in the weapon wheel or when you are in a vehicle) with colored icons. It is now complete and all weapons are colored (including the latest DLC weapons).
This mod also includes a backup of the original files, in case you want to rever the changes and go back to the old grayed icons (recommended to play safely online).
If you like this mod, consider downloading my other mod that combines all my coloring mods:
• Colored Weapon Icons
• Colored Radio Icons
• Colored Map Blips
Download here: Gta 5 Colored Weapon Icons version 3.1
1. Download OpenIV from www.openiv.com, install it and open GTA V for Windows.
2. Go to update/update.rpf/x64/patch/data/cdimages/scaleform_generic.rpf
3. Click on the “Edit Mode” button on the top bar.
4. Then click on the green plus icon that says “Add new file” and import the ‘hud.ytd’ and ‘mp_big_message_freemode.ytd’ provided by this mod (you can find these files inside the ‘Modded YTD’ folder).
5. Close OpenIV and start the game!
Feel free to do the same thing with the original files located inside the ‘Backups’ folder provided by this mod in order to revert the changes and go back to the old grayed icons. This is recommended if you want to play online, as Rockstar doesn’t allow any modded files, even if it’s a texture.
NOTE: Make sure you have the latest version of ScriptHookV, otherwise the game will crash when you try to run it. Also, make sure to enable the ASI Loader and OpenIV.asi through OpenIV in order to enable the game to read modified .rpf files. To do so, run OpenIV and go to Tools > ASI Manager and install ASI Loader and OpenIV.asi
WARNING: Even though these are just texture mods, you can still get banned for playing online with them, so avoid going into Online mode while using this mod or any other mod.